Sewing Machine Operator - FREELANCE
ABOUT THE JOB
Please note that this role is primarily remote and it is essential that you own industrial machines [straight stitch and serger].
All fabrics and trims will be provided to you as needed. You must reside in Toronto, Ontario and have a valid authorization to work in Canada
As our sewing machine operator, you will be responsible for sewing and finishing all garments prior to delivery to customers and/or stores. You’ll be assigned garments in small batches and work on your own time at your own pace in order to meet the assigned deadlines.
This is a contract position, with the potential to become full time in the future.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Self motivated with excellent time management skills
- Has the ability to remain detail oriented when working in a fast paced environment
YOU ALSO HAVE
- Minimum of 4 years prior sewing experience with woven fabrics - preferably within an apparel manufacturing environment
- Advanced knowledge of garment construction and material care
- Excellent fabric knowledge
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
AS OUR SEWING MACHINE OPERATOR YOU WILL:
- Cut and sew garments assigned in a timely manner according to specs and/or sample provided
- Ensure israella KOBLA standards are met in both quality and consistency for all garments
Starting salary is based on piecework but opportunities for greater income are available based on your abilities and interest.
Please apply by sending your resume and portfolio/samples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held at our studio and you may be required to complete a sewing test prior to starting.