Sample Maker/Product Developer - FREELANCE
ABOUT THE JOB
Please note that this role is primarily remote and it is essential that you own industrial machines [straight stitch and serger].
You’ll be required to come into the studio at least once a week for production meetings. You must reside in Toronto, Ontario and have a valid authorization to work in Canada
As our sample maker/product developer, you’ll be responsible for creating the muslin samples, participating in fit sessions and creating the final samples in fashion fabric. During our weekly production meetings, you’ll be encouraged to highlight any construction suggestions that you feel will make the development process more efficient.
This is a contract position, with the potential to become full time in the future.
WHO YOU ARE:
- A natural problem solver who tends to think outside of the box
- Self motivated with excellent time management skills
- Has the ability to remain detail oriented when working in a fast paced environment
YOU ALSO HAVE
- Minimum of 4 years prior sewing experience with woven fabrics - preferably within an apparel manufacturing environment
- Advanced knowledge of garment construction and material care
- Experience conducting fittings and recommending pattern changes
- Excellent fabric knowledge
- Ability to measure garments accurately to compare with technical specs
AS OUR PRODUCT DEVELOPER/SAMPLE MAKER YOU WILL:
- Cut and sew first muslin samples
- Attend fit meetings and provide detailed fit comments through text, pictures, and/or diagrams
- Cut and sew final samples [in fashion fabric] in various sizes prior to production
- Decide on appropriate finishes, construction and help choose with suitable hardware and supplementary fabric for each piece.
- Attend production meetings with Creative Director to address any issues during the sampling stage
$2600/month based for initial 2 month contract
Please apply by sending your resume and portfolio/samples of work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held at our studio and you may be required to complete a sewing test prior to starting.